Social Distancing, Sanitization & Cancellation Policy
We are closely monitoring the situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19), including guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Colorado Department of Health.
Privately Owned: Billy and Charlotte recently purchased Secret Garden in January of 2020. They moved to Ouray, Co from Joplin, Missouri, where Billy was in pharmaceuticals, and Charlotte was a manager at Macy’s.
Tired of being quarantined? Now more than ever, everyone wants to get away from the congestion of the big cities, airports, and big hotels, because of the high risk of infection. Secret Garden B&B is tucked away in the San Juan Mountain in Ouray, Co, where there is little to no infections.
Improvements in Bed and Breakfast
- (New) Hard Wood Floors: Carpet tends to be a melting pot for germs.
- (New) Private Bathrooms
- (New) Mattress
- Secret Garden only has Five-Guest Rooms, and we guarantee that there will never be more than 10 guests in our B&B at one time. (as opposed to a large hotel). Less Guests Less Risk
- Secret Garden has the Largest Gated Courtyard in the western slopes.
- Reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 by reducing the person to person contact.
- Have breakfast in bed, dining room, or have outside in our gated courtyard under an Aspen tree.
Summary of Cleaning and Sanitizing Policies
- Replace all bed linens and pillowcases after every guest.
- Clean and sanitize all cups, glasses, and mugs, (whether used or not) in a commercial dishwasher after every guest.
- Replace every washcloth, every hand and bath towel (whether used or not) after every guest.
- Disinfect every touch-surface in the suite, including handles, keys, doorknobs, light switches, faucets, tables and desks, & remote controls after every guest.
- Disinfect bathtubs, shower stalls, sinks, toilets, and water faucets after every guest.
- Provide hand-sanitizer in private and public areas,
- Repetitively (many times daily) disinfect every touch-surface in common areas including doorknobs; handles; microwaves; coffee makers; and sinks, toilets, faucets and handles in common bathrooms.
- Breakfast is prepared by Charlotte who follows strict hygienic procedures to maintain complete sanitization.
Emergency Cancellation Policy for Coronavirus
Cancellations due to COVID-19 we will assume full responsibility and provide cancellation options where your total payments will be transferable as gift certificate credit toward future reservations or a cash refund.
If anyone is ill or has recently traveled to areas experiencing widespread transmission of COVID-19, please plan to visit the Secret Garden B&B another time.
To reserve a room or have additional questions call: 970-325-4226